Sunday, July 17, 2005

Anniversary

Today was the day that, 30 years ago, my dad put on his pink leisure suit and my marm got out her blue flowered dress and exchanged vows "til death would they part". Well, they loved each other but eventually death did part them 11 years ago. I'm not speaking directly from my mom's prospective, though she may agree whole heartedly when I say that what her and my dad began 30 years ago people wait lifetimes for. He may be gone now, but I know his love for her and for his kids has carried us the past 30 years and will continue to do so for years to come. I can only hope to have the kind of marriage that my parents had. I think Randy and I are off to a good start! It's better to have a love for a little while than never to have had a love at all.

No comments: