Thursday, July 28, 2005

Crackin' Back

I went to the chiropractor today in Ojai. This is the 2nd time I've been in a year and let me tell ya- the first chiropractor I went to was a joke and this Dr. Johnston (who I went to today) was AWESOME!!! She went through a complete health history with me first, then measured my limbs, warmed my back using ultrasonic waves, stretched my back, and finally the cracking began. Or, as she called it, "alignment". I felt like I was floating on air the rest of the day. I found out that my left leg is anatomically shorter than my right by a considerable amount, and Dr. Johnston says it would benefit me greatly to have a heal insert. Maybe I will reach that 6' mark after all. I promised her that I wouldn't crack my neck anymore (and I have made it 10.5 hours without doing so). She was quite impressed with my crooked chest, and didn't hesitate to tell me how abnormal it is. Sure, not like I haven't heard that one a few times!!!!
All in all, it was a great experience and I'm going back next week too. Might have to put this one in the budget (ok, honey???).

7 comments:

jacquie said...

wow! good for you. last time i went to the cracker i cried all the way home. it's probably because my legs are automatically the wrong length also. needless to say, i never went back.

KBugg said...

Sounds like my first experience at a chiropractor. That doctor came in, cracked my neck, and that was it. What a waste of money! I can self adjust at home without spending the money! But today, that was
heaven on earth.

KBugg said...

I am going two more times and that's it for awhile. She was fine with that- she just wants my neck ligaments to build up so I don't have to crack my neck all the time. She cracks my neck properly, not the way I do it, and it will strengthen the ligaments that are used to hold my head.

nathan stryker said...

the times i've seen those guys they look at me with dollar symbols in my eyes. "oh, so you work on a computer?! and you drive really far to get to work?! your insurance covers this with a $10 copay?! i've already booked your to get adjusted twice weekly! mwa hahahaha!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi Bugg - What do you expect? If you had been born a month later on your due date then I am just sure that your left leg would be the same length as your right one and your chest wouldn't be crooked!! You just had to come early so you could look at your mom and dad eye to eye!! What's it hurt to have a crooked chest? You always wanted to be different!

jacquie said...

she always wanted to be different? hmmmm. that sound very much like another kid i know. they have more in common that i thought.

KBugg said...

Mom, if you forget, I came out butt first. So I may have looked at you, but it wasn't "eye to eye" like you claim. I remember. I was there. duh.